View Single Post
Unread 04-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #26
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
So if we take your first paragraph as a reason not to try, then we can all just throw up our hands and surrender, right?

Come on brother. Just becasue something is entrenched in history, doesn't mean it can't be changed. It's just going to be more difficult and take longer. This isn't going to happen overnight! It's long term, but it has to start with US, the American People!
When people forget about the past, then History repeats itself. Most of the people I know think that (not in their words though) our duty as citizens is to obey the laws and decrees that the government has laid down for us. Where I believe that it should be the other way around.

As for fiscal responsibility, I agree that is the first step... it's a step we never should have to be in the position to take actually. I just wish that enough elected officials thought that way to make a difference. I truly think that the O and other spenders truly and honestly don't have a grasp on how much money they are actually spending.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote