View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
I agree with much of what you said. I could confirm, and even add some in regards to $$$ issues and other problems/solutions, but being I'm currently employed at the pleasure of an elected official and need to remain so...the issue that I see as an obstacle to overcome is...how do you get all 67 county Sheriff's on the same page??? A mandate from the Gov?
You hit it right onthe head!

The Sheriff in this scenario, would be required to meet certain budetary guidelines after parrying down the department as indicated previous.

If he (or she as we have in at least one county) can't or won't play the game, the Governor would step in and issue a mandate.

Barring unforseen natural disaters and the $$ necessary to handle them, no additional funding would be provided to run the department when/if the allocated funds run out.

ALL expenditures over a certain amount, would be reviewed by the BOCC and an independent panel. Justifications for anything not previously budgeted for would necessarily be extreme! Unless the need is absolutely officer safety driven and can not be accomplished any other way, then it would likely be turned down.

This same scenarion will work for both large and small entities, cities and counties and every department within state and local government. I use law enforcement, and the Sheriff's Office because I'm intimately familiar with the way they work.

In years past, the Sheriff, if he didn't get his way with the BOCC, just high tailed it to Tallahassee and got the $$ from the State Legislature. That has to stop!

We as a government can not continue to hold our hands out and expect them to be filled without question. We can't necessarily continue to buy exotic and high end equipment without first seeing if there is something more local and cost effective that can be used.

Stop wasting taxpayer $$ on BS!!

Any of us remember the days when we had to "expend" any ammo left at the end of the fiscal year? Otherwise, the budget was cut that much the following year?

We've got to get our governments under control! Republican, Democrat, Independent, I don't care...ALL have to work together for the betterment of the country, or we'll all go down the tubes together

G

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote