View Single Post
Unread 05-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #36
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Those idiots that want to watch vets as terr's and the ability to drive are two totally separate subjects
The last sentence was meant as a joke. Not as effective without a smiley face?

The way I understand the Constitution is that it is meant to prevent the gov't from doing certain things. Of course, the Constitution failed pretty quickly, and as such we have the world as it is today. I think the only laws we should have are ones that restrict another person's basic human rights... can't pursue happiness if somebody murders you. Problem with my thinking here is where we draw the line. Which brings politicians back into existence.

Which is never a good thing.

To get back to being kind of in line with the original topic, I think seat belt laws are just a way to try to compensate for a lack of common sense. It's like blowing the engine in a car, but you put an air freshener in the car so you can't smell the burnt oil. So though I think wearing a seat belt is the right thing to do, I honestly don't see any good coming in the long term from more laws. The money would be better spent educating people to why. And if that doesn't work... natural selection!
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote