• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

I want hood stripes!

Anyplace in the Tampa area than can do a good job on hood stripes?

I mean the decal kind, not the painted on 1's.

Chas

I know an excellect painter if you change your mind and want them painted on.

smaller.jpg

I could go the painted route. The only bad place on my car is the hood, looks like a gorilla with no buffing skills hazed up a area on my hood.

Looks like someone may have keyed the hood sometime in the past, under most conditions you cant notice the haze mark. I may get the hood painted oneday soon.

CREWZIN said:
I know an excellect painter if you change your mind and want them painted on.

smaller.jpg

does your paint place just do striping, or do they do good full paint? I'm looking into getting mine repainted pretty soon.

Yeah, one of these days I'm going to be looking for someone in the Tallahassee area to repaint my Z. Yeah, getting runs in the paint would really pop me off, I think.

He was a lot closer to Spring Hill about 6 months ago. Yes, he does an excellent job on both striping and a full body paint. He moved from a Citrus County dealer to the Autoway Lincoin/Murcury on Gulf to Bay Blvd. in Clearwater. His name is Tony. Sorry, don't know his last name. He painted both my Vette and PT Cruiser and has painted a couple other Vettes in my club when he was up here.

Here was mine when it first came out of the painting booth.

size1.jpg

final.jpg

I also think that paint would be better, not my cup of tea but I think decals would eventually deteriorate from wax and polish and from the sun.

I briefly entertained the idea of having stripes put on the Z based on the ones on my 35th LE, but thought better of it. with the checkerflag pattern it was a PITA to detail, esp. claybarring. :eek:

my LE has always been garage kept, but the stripes (decals) have held up very well for nearly five years. :thumbsup: I always waxed right over them (Meguiar's NXT), but kept polishes, paint cleaners and claybar away from them.

If you are really interested in decal type stripes, I seemed to remember seeing some in a Corvette Central catalogue. I have no idea how good or bad they are. Thought this might help you!

I helped a few drag-racers apply decal/stripes, including a 2-piece, 8'-long checkered-flag decal to the side of my-own dragster 11 years ago:
if you just want simple stripes as shown-above, most any vinyl sign-shop can whip them out fairly easily, and some may even apply them for you, but they aren't hard to apply yourself.

Back