View Single Post
Unread 05-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well I hooked up the predator today just to play around with it and look at the options. I learned that selecting the TUNE option actually LOADS the tune with no options to select beforehand or a "are you sure" prompt. Oops!

But I just let it finish, to see how the process went, then reloaded the stock tune. I guess there is no harm doing it that way. It did give me quite a start to see "REDUCED POWER" displayed on the DIC during the tuning part, but I think that is normal. It went away after the ignition on/off cycles both on the tune part and during the reload.

I still have some stuff to learn, obviously, as there also appears to be a performance tune option that I need to figure out. Plus I need to figure out where all the options are for turning off the rear O2 sensor error detects. I did scan the error code stuff and it appears that my alternator related errors haven't come back yet. Maybe I chased that gremlin away.

Anyway, had lots of rain come through all day today, so I couldn't try out the tuning stuff to see what would happen. But I've still got a good three weeks to play around with it further.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote