View Single Post
Unread 07-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #14
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
I'm in Charlotte county... Now suposedly I will be recieving payment for this month from a charity and they have agreed to leave at the end of this month.. I'll be happy to just get my house back.We'll have to see af that happens. It amazes me that if you get screwed by a tenant that the county readily screws you out of some more money.. What a deal that is. At any rate thanks to all for the info and suggestions.
I didn't mapquest it but no matter, the aforementioned fees and procedures are the same state wide. The only exception being those few counties where the Sheriff/Courts do not appoint process servers. In those cases you would either need a motion and order to appoing (not a big deal and the server should walk it through for you) or have the Sheriff do it.

As far as taking $$ and expecting them to get out at the end of the month, all you're doing is potentially prolonging the problem.

If they get out, you're ahead of the game

If not, by taking $$ from them and not giving them "NOTICE", you're lengthening the time it will take to remove them should they decide to do this to you again.

I'd give them the "Notice" and tell them that I know we have an agreement; however, I Have to do this "procedurally". It's BS but it makes you look like a good guy (blame it on the state statutes) but still, quietly starts the clock ticking on the process should it become necessary.

If not, no harm/no foul and no filing fees

If so, then you're T'd up to file and move forward

Mannigs/Daffy,

You're both correct regarding the fees and costs.

Now you can get screwed from both the defendant and the state

Many here may recall a couple of years back when the state rolled back the millage rates (I think that's the right term?) and reduced the amounts paid (given) to the various state, local and county agencies for operations and expenses.

Instead of figuring out like the rest of the damned world, how to cut back, live within thier budgets and get things moving along, government tried to keep trudging along, fat dumb and happy.

When the $$ started running out/low and they couldn't get the fat $$ they were used to by simply holding out thier hands and saying "gimmie", most started to piss and whine like little children.

Instead of cutting back on unnecessary expendatures and holding salaries/ppromotions/raises, etc back for a while, they decided to do what several L/E and Rescue organizations have started to do...threaten to cut back [u]personnel

Create undue fear and promote panic among the taxpayers so they will go running to the state to increase funding.

Fortunately the citizens are not reacting as expected by the government and they're being forced to make some changes.

But the counties complained to no end about not being able to run the clerks offices on the $$ they were allotted, yet they can in many cases, provide bonuses or bogus promotions in lieu thereof, to certain classes withing thier organization.

Hillsborough County for example, this year "promoted" IIRC, 10 people to mid level management positions. This would be fine...except....these positions didn't previously exist!

Although the clerk of court "claims" not to have given bonuses, it's obvious how she got around it.

Anyway, not to get on a long rant about government ineptitude again, suffice to say that the state has mandated two (2) fee increases for the clerk of courts statewide in as many years. I understand that there may actually be another in the works?

So yes, 400% sounds about right and more to come

As well, traffic fines have risen to a rediculous level, other fees for local, state and county services have gone up drastically and new fees have been enacted for no apparent reason other than to raise $$$$ off the taxpayer!

So instead of practicing fiscal responsibility, they'd rather have you and I as taxpayers and users, suck it up and provide for them....and you wonder why I have such disdain for many such agencies today?

Those of you that use the courts (landlords, attorneys, collections, etc) regularly, as well as those simply concerned about overspending by the governments, should contact your local state reps and let them know your concern. Be willing to show you senator, congressman, representative, whomever, the way home from Tallahassee!!!!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote