Thread: C5 427 forged motor?
View Single Post
Unread 08-11-2009, 01:57 AM   #18
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

OK, after talking with a few potential candidates to build this 427 motor for me, along with a bunch of other drivetrain upgrades, here's what I am going to get:
  • Warhawk 427 short World Products WARHAWK
    aluminum LS1 block. 9.240" deck height, priority main oiling, billet main caps, 6
    bolt holes per cylinder, pt# 086220. Balanced, blueprinted & assembled
    shortblock. Parts: Callies Compstar 4340 4.0" stroke crankshaft, Callies 6.125" H-I rods w/ ARP 2000 7/16" bolts, Wiseco 4.125" forged turbo duty pistons w/tool steel wrist pins & anti friction coating on skirts, NPR stainless chrome top(for high heat applications)-napier 2nd-3mm oil rings, Clevite MS2199H mains, Clevite CB 663 H rods Dura Bond cam bearings.
  • WARHAWK LS7X 285cc intake runner complete heads for Hyd. roller, 6 bolt holes per cylinder.Parts: Manley 2.200 intake valves, stainless 1.625" exhaust valves, Manley Nex Tek dual valve springs good to .700" lift, Manley titanium
    retainers, Manley machined locks, Manley machined locators, Viton valve seal w/steel jacket.
  • Competition valve job, lap in valve job, blend in valve job to intake & exhaust ports & chambers, measure chamber volume, mill heads to desired chamber volume,measure & set valve guide to stem clearence, set up springs for specific camshaft.
  • Cam Motion Hyd. roller camshaft
  • Manley one piece chromoly push rods Roll master double roller timing set w/ torington bearing & nitrided gears. Rocker arms Jesel Pro Series shaft mounted adj. roller rockers 1.8 1.8 ratio 4 Bolt Kit Warhawk accessory kit: Rear cover &
    gasket, oil galley & water plugs, valley cover, ARP 6 bolt head studs Head gasket Fel Pro MLS head gaskets for Warhawk block Melling LS Melling 10295 high pressure, coated oil pump/ ported LS Vett Power Bond SFI Corvette 10%
    underdrive balancer w/ARP balancer bolt assemble complete longblock ( degree cam, check P to V, install heads, set up valve train)
  • Ported LS7 intake manifiold
  • New water pump.
  • FIDANZA OR SPEC TWIN DISC CLUTCH (1300 HP CAPACITY)
  • NEW SLAVE CYLINDER
  • PFADT POLYEUROTHANE TRANS AXLE BRACE
  • DTE TRANS AND DIFF BRACE
  • PFADT C5 POLYEUROTHANE ENGINE MOUNTS
  • BUILT 342 DIFFERENTIAL 300M HARDENED OUTPUT SHAFT AND BEEFED UP CLUTCH PACK
  • REAR ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT COUPLER
  • AEROMOTIVE FUEL SYSTEM (1000 HP CAPACITY) INCLUDES BILLET FUEL RAILS AND STEEL BRAIDED FUEL LINES W/AIRCRAFT FITTINGS AND PRESSURE REGULATOR.
  • FUEL INJECTORS
  • STARTER (LIFETIME WARRANTY)
  • REMOVAL AND INSTALL
  • Custom tuning

All for a lot more than I wanted to spend, but a real bargain, nonetheless, for all the goodies I'll be getting with this package. I'm thinking about adding a new tunnel plate to the list, and maybe other doodads as I think of them while the guts are all out of my C5Z.

And the shop I have chosen to do this job, after careful consideration of all the offers I have received, is (drum roll, please!)

Chris Harwood aka Xtreme MotorSports

I'll be running a check over to him sometime this week and he will start ordering parts and getting everything accumulated for the surgery. That way my car will be down for a minimum amount of time when everything is ready to pull the car into the operating room.

I figure this will be just as much fun (maybe more so) than getting that new C6 Z06 I was looking for. Certainly less money out of my pocket, and I will have enough left over to get that new paint job I've been thinking of. Maybe get a new custom leather interior as well.

Now, hopefully I won't snap mine or Connie's neck when I stomp the accelerator, nor wind up going sideways at 100 mph. I'm certainly going to be cautious about the power this thing should have on tap.

So why am I doing this? Heck, just because I WANT to! Just something about the *427* engine when in a Corvette sends tingles down my spine. So if I am going that route, why not go whole hog with it and get a fire breathing and snorting monster of a motor as well?

Anyway, I'm going to try to get over to Chris's place as much as I can when the build and install is taking place so I can video a lot of all this. That should be a lot of fun as well for me...