View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Sigh..... I'm not sure when this is going to take place now. Having some problems transferring my main sites on my other server over to the new server. Since the lease on that server comes up for renewal before this one does, my server guy is working on that one first. But a couple are BIG sites and they have always been a hassle to transfer. And every time I do a server move it gets worse because they are even bigger later on. Eventually I guess I won't be able to do server moves because the time it would take would be longer than it takes for the current hardware I'm using to go obsolete before the moves are done.

Not sure what the heck I will do then.

Anyway, I'm glad I hired a guy to do most of this crap for me. I used to do it all by myself and nearly became computercidal (the inclination to kill computers). I actually got close to feeling that way today when I couldn't reach my server guy for hours.

Anyway, when this site comes due, you'll simply see a message when you come here saying that it is locked down during the transfer. Or maybe not. Not enough traffic here for me to be really overly concerned with locking the database so nothing is lost in the transfer. I'll have to see when it takes place. Later on at night or early morning, not likely anyone would be posting anything anyway, and that would certainly streamline things by not having to go that extra step.