View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2020, 07:54 PM   #2390
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, I guess it is a sign.

The lower case "L" on my back window decal for "CorvetteFlorida.com" fell off. I had noticed that when it was in the last shop a couple of the taller letters had gotten damaged both front and back, but not really positive this was the cause of the one of them falling off. If you look in the picture, you can see that the "d" is damaged at the top, too.

Anyway, I decided rather than trying to find some place to redo the decal, I would just go ahead and remove it from the back window completely. It is still on the front, so that will just have to do. Now, all the rest of the letters I scraped off the glass weren't super easy to get off, so there did still seem to be enough adhesion to them to keep them from just peeling off on their own. So it does seem suspicious that just that one letter came off, and none of the others seemed inclined to do that. I have to admit that they were rather brittle, I guess from just age.

So anyway, it is what it is. Just another insult and injury inflicted all along the road by shops who worked on this car. This last time it seems that the detail guy they let loose on my car wasn't up to the job. IMHO.

Oh yeah, the driver's seat got broken too. I can move it back and forth about an inch while sitting in it. It did have a little wiggle to it before it went into this last shop, but I guess the tech being a rather big guy did those bushings in but good.

Damn shame that I can't say there is anyone I can think of that I can trust to work on my car. Even if I could find someone willing to do so, of course. Seems rather easy to just have shops blow you off if your car isn't mostly stock or else solely modified by them. Maybe it is my fault for being too picky and not wanting anyone to break things while they are fixing something else. Pretty damned inconsiderate of me, isn't it?
Attached Images