View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2009, 11:49 PM   #46
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Name : Elizabeth Kelly
Someoneyoushouldknow has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I'm sorry, but a lot of this just doesn't make sense to me..

Your car started having problems "in Dec of last year maybe earlier", so you and Chris "took the belts off and couldn't figure it out. We put new belts on. It still wasn't right, then we thought it was the water pump." So at that point "I was sent to a different shop to get the water pump changed, turned out it was the air compressor. I didn't have the money at the time to fix it so I went with a bypass." The original problem was a noise, and it was running slightly hot, a little bit of smoke as well. I don't see any mention of that the actual original problem was that you were trying to diagnose, but then "The other shop called me and said I needed a whole new engine".

So then you state "I picked the car up all the while on the phone with chris talking to him about how shady it was. He agreed.", which sounds to me you were the one making the claims about how "shady" the other shop was and Chris must have simply made some indication that he agreed.He met me where the car died and looked at it and told me it was fried.He didn't understand what was going on either, He'd looked at the car prior to it going and saw no indications that the engine was it's way out.

"Nothing he could do at this point my engine was screwed.", but yet you were able to "pick the car up"? The guy told me it was drivable. But then you state "We transported it to his shop in March of 09", where the term "transported" used here seems to indicate that it was not driven, but was perhaps towed?We put it on a trailer and brought it to Chris' So was the engine "screwed" before you took it to the other shop, or did that happen while it was in their care?

So after it was transported to Chris's shop, "Where it has sat since." Earlier you stated "I didn't have the money at the time to fix it so I went with a bypass." Did you at this time have enough money to replace the engine?I thought I posted that later, I got the money to buy my trailblazer and fix the GTP. So you then state "I've contacted several times every month when I write a check for insurance, off and on several times since July 31 when I got my new phone over 65 times.", which I am having trouble interpreting, but from between March and July 31 you tried contacting Chris "several times"? At what point did you PAY him for the work you needed done on your car?March 15th

It appears YOUR priorities changed when "On Nov 1st I was hit by a drunk driver in my Trailblazer, I called Chris from the accident scene. I begged him to complete my other car because I now needed it." Just from texts and not phone call here are the dates of contact from me to him referring to the car 7/31,8/14, 8/20, 8/23,8/31, 9/1, 9/15, 9/17, 9/28, 10/4, 10/10,10/12, 10/22, 11/2, 11/3, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/8 11/9, 11/10, 11/11, 11/12, 11/13, 11/14, 11/16, 11/17, 11/19, 11/22, 11/23, 11/24, 11/30, 12/1, 12/2, 12/3, 12/6, 12/7, 12/12, 12/13 More then half the time there was no reply and at least from Nov 30th till the 12th of Dec there was NO response at allIndicating that prior to this time, this really wasn't on the front burner for you, but suddenly became so, and you expected Chris to drop everything he had going on at the time and make YOUR now new top priority HIS as well.

I dunno, but there seems to be a lot of gaps in this story. Do you have anything at all in WRITING concerning what arrangements were made between yourself and Chris about the repairs on your car? It just appears from what I can gather from the above post that from March through November 1, you somehow developed a bum engine, which was not Chris's fault, quite possibly caused by something done at the "different shop". What was this "bypass" you mentioned? Could it have contributed to the engine problem in your efforts to save money? [COLOR="Red"]It was driven less than a mile with the bypass on it. [/color] I'm guessing you drove it home, then had it towed to Chris's shop, and unless you suddenly came up with enough money to have the engine fixed, quite likely told Chris to just hold it there until such time that you could afford to have it fixed. I don't see any indication of when that point in time occurred where you actually paid for any work to be done, unfortunately.[COLOR="Red"]I think I posted it multiple times 3/15/2009[/color]

So finally Friday you took a trip to his shop. Was Chris there? Did you speak to him?[COLOR="Red"]Yes and Yes. It was not pretty.[/color]

I believe in another post you claimed that Chris has both your car and your money. When did he get your money and what was the arrangement that was agreed to at that time? It would be great if you had this in writing so there is no confusion of the facts due to a misunderstanding which often happens in verbal discussions. Sometimes a "whenever you can get to it" means something completely different to each side of the discussion.

Facts and details really help in situations like this, if for no other reason then to try to have both sides of the discussion look at possible failures that both may have contributed to in the breakdown in communications.

Hopefully that works I don't know how to quote and break up.
Someoneyoushouldknow is offline   Reply With Quote