View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2017, 08:15 PM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Oh, here is the very first video I did with my very first drone. Video is just awful! Not to mention that little drone was just very hard to control. But you'll see what I mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxcGm_vpBY4

BTW, even the video itself was all screwed up with resolution, as you can see from the squatty look of my garage. It was a bear even getting this video to a point where I could render it for publication on YouTube.

I actually just completely dropped interest in this stuff for about three years, because I knew that what I wanted out of taking video from drones was a long way to reaching a point where I wanted to buy into them. Not to mention that even the more expensive ones were unreliable as hell and people were constantly having them fly away or just dropping out of the sky to crash into pieces. I just couldn't see the sense of even considering one of those things at that time.

Things are a whole lot better now, but of course, nothing is perfect. I have a slight squeal coming from what I think is the front right propeller motor. Not sure how significant it is, though. But things do break, and when it is something that weighs 3 pounds and is 300 ft up in the air, it is not going to fare well when it impacts the ground.