Thread: Lovebugs?
View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Lovebugs?

You know, I hear it a lot from people saying that us folks down in Florida are lucky because we can drive all year long without the winter season encroaching on the driving time. But I wonder..... What do you all do about the dreaded Love Bug season? Those little buggers can make a real mess out of your vehicle during the peak season and from what I understand, the acids in the body of those insects can eat up a paint job if you don't get their squashed bodies off pronto.

From what I can recall, there are two periods of peak activity: April-May, and then again August-September. I think I just missed the last cycle as I didn't get my Z06 until the end of September. And the Spring cycle is on the way, although I don't believe the Spring cycle is as severe up here in the Tallahassee area.

So what do you do? Do you just refrain from driving much during that time, or do you take other precautions? Or none at all?

Heck, I remember one year my wife painted the front door of the house right in the middle of lovebug season. There are still imprints of their carcasses on that paint job...
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote