Thread: Kenne Bell?
View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2006, 03:22 AM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I don't know what I have this stupid idea floating around inside my head to even think about forced induction. It must be some sort of Corvette virus I caught when I bought mine. One one hand I feel like I won't be completely whole until I get something like that, but on the other hand, I feel like if I do, afterwards I will kicking myself in the behind (or perhaps it will be my wife doing that) for doing such a dumb thing. The Z is already much faster then I will ever need or want it to go. I have no desire to show off to people how I can burn the rear tires down to air at one launch. I don't care who else can beat me in a race.

So WHY do I want one? I could certainly scrape up the money to get it, but do I then go into an eternity of constantly upgrading the latest weak link in the chain that shows up? I talked at length with a guy who spent BIG bucks getting his Porsche up to over 800 ponies and the crap he had to go through (reinforced driver's seat, for instance, because he was afraid that the acceleration was going to rip the seat out of the floor when it threw him backwards at launch) just made me shake my head. With the all wheel drive that car had, he claimed 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds. He said it was actually dangerous in traffic because the lightest touch on the go pedal could put you into someone's trunk before you knew it.

But there is a definitely breakdown between logic and emotions at play here and I just cannot figure out exactly what the heck it is that has me so damned google eyed over these things. Is THIS that mid life crisis everyone talks about?