Thread: If I.....
View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2006, 07:10 AM   #9
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well, I'm trying to figure out a way to offer CarFax reports here by setting up some sort of contributor memberships and offer it as a perk. Not getting very far talking to CarFax directly, as they keep shoveling some sort of affiliate thing at me to sell their product instead. So this just may not fly at all.

One thing that would be very helpful is if we had a way to tie into a dealer's database of service calls for a VIN. For instance I know the service writer at one of the local Chevy dealers and asked him about a car I am looking at and he gave me the scoop on every service call they had on record for the car. Of course, this isn't much use for older vettes, but for later ones, it could give a lot of info that would help see the service life picture of what you are considering buying.

Heck, just knowing how long the car has been sitting on their lot can oftentimes be very helpful in letting you know your bargaining leverage power.
The data base idea is a great one if you can pull it off. CARFAX sucks!! and they piss and moan if you run a report for anyone else. I won't hold my breath for them to come around.

I keep waiting for them to get nailed with a class action suit for deceptive advertising anyway
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote