View Single Post
Unread 06-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #16
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Glad to hear they're doing well. We train and train and train for these things and something always seems to go wrong. I was thinking about it yesterday while I was on shift, how do you let that happen, but every scenario is different. We can just try to be ready....I've seen firsthand how officers get tunnelvision and deviate from training/policy when it hits the fan!
Me too man

In this case, it appears they did things pretty well textbook. This POS just wasn't going to let it go down with out a fight

He was hell bent on killing at least one deputy if not all of them, evidenced by his charge at Ray and attempt to wrestle the weapon from him.

You're right too. We all train for these scenarios but when it hits the fan....

I've been in the struggle for the weapon before. Armed robbery suspect, repeat offender. Wasn't going back to jail.

We fought for what felt like an hour (probably <5 minutes), all the time, he was trying to take my weapon.

Hindsight...should have shot him point blank in the chest. Not sure to this day why I didn't?

Damned! Hindsight! Always 20/20

Just glad they're going to recover. All you folks still on the job, stay safe out there and watch out for each other
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote