View Single Post
Unread 01-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #10
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybroga View Post
It's not completely up to LEO's to "encourage local authorities" to end the so called abuse. If you have a problem with speed limits or their enforcement you should direct your "rant" to the "local authorities" who can actually change policy!
As for daily law breakers, be careful of who you are throwing stones at and where you are throwing them from.
He has a point.

It's rarely up to us (them) what the speed limits are going nor do we know when the administration is going to get thier panties in a wad and decide to start getting crazy with traffic tickets

We note trouble areas based oin stats, TARS and personal observations and deal with them the best way we (they) can.

If we have a problem with a particular intersection or a light, then you'll see vigerous enforcement.

Speed, thats up to the officer, but I seldom wrote anyone outside a school zone under 15 over the limit.

What I have a problem with is when the administration starts using citations as revenue generators That's not what TLE is all about folks!!!

And when officers hide (yes, hide!) and watch no "U" turn signs and such crap instead of proactively patrolling the streets (which deters othe crime as well as traffic enforcement), then I have an issue.
If you want to save lives, BE SEEN!!!!!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote