View Single Post
Unread 10-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I took some wider angle photos of the side of the weatherstrips that the window would press up against, and they look OK to my untrained eye. The issue is that I don't know how significant the damages I see would be if these weather strips were installed. But honestly, I rarely ever take the car out, and never knowingly if I'm expecting rain, because I live on a dirt road, and mud bogging in a corvette isn't as much fun as you might think it is...

Yeah, I know I SHOULD buy new, but I'm not sure if these weatherstrips are still available from GM. A lot of websites say they are, but if my past experiences are any guide, I won't really know until I place an order, and then MAYBE get an email response a few days later telling me that GM no longer makes them, so SORRY CHARLIE. I do prefer new, but had these been perfect and with "no rips and tears" as the copy ad said when I bought them, then I felt this would have worked. Now I CAN return them, according to the seller and Ebay, but I'm just having second thoughts as to whether these would actually be OK, and I just have my "corvette perfection OCD" gene kicking in.