View Single Post
Unread 06-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Heck, I always have a gun on me. I carry around the house and when working in the yard.

But no, not since moving out of Maryland have I had to be in areas I didn't really care to be in. At least nothing that I didn't think that 5 or 6 shots wouldn't resolve one way or another if things went cockeyed. Quite honestly, there are some places I wouldn't feel comfortable in unless I had my StreetSweeper in my hand, fully loaded and the drum wound up ready to go. But I have no need or desire to go to such places, so I don't. It's ALWAYS best to avoid danger if it is an option.

I don't hang out in the bad parts of town, don't go to bars, and if trouble starts up that I am not involved in, I make a point of STAYING uninvolved.

So with that all in mind, I believe a single handgun with 6 shots or so will be enough for my needs if I should ever NEED to draw my gun.

Heck, I remember a discussion I had with a friend of mine a while back when I was talking about the night sights on my Sig P229 on the nightstand in my bedroom. He was adamant that night sights were dangerous because someone in back of you could see those night sights when your gun was raised and know where you were in the dark. I told him, "Heck, if someone is in back of me in my bedroom while I have my gun drawn looking for an intruder in front of me, I'm already in a world of crap anyway." Seriously, sometimes the scenarios some people envision are just not likely enough to be worried about. Impossible? No. Just improbable.