View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #1371
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Got the rotor center de-rusted and painted (next time I'm going to get a two piece rotor with an aluminum center piece), also cleaned up the caliper bracket and painted that red. Got the knuckle all cleaned up an shiny. Ran the bolts through a die to clean out the red Permatex crud left on the threads. Just got to let the paint cure, and clean up the upper and lower control arms, and I'll be ready to put this driver side shaft back in and be done with this.

Then on with the fuel system....

Still haven't found anything that will work like I want it to on that driver side fuel rail for the clearance issue. So if I want to plumb it like it SHOULD be plumbed, I may have to just bite the bullet and cut into the firewall. I did find 120 and 150 degree AN-08 fittings, so I have them on order to see if they will help keep the cutting down to the bare minimum.

I even went so far as to locate some shorter motor mounts (http://hinsonsupercars.com/p-1351-hm...5c6gtorx7.aspx) thinking that perhaps lowering the engine a bit (the firewall slopes back and down somewhat), but replacing the motor mounts looks like more trouble than just cutting the firewall. Those STS pipes up front will be in the way trying to lower the cradle to get the motor mounts changed out. Plus I think I would have to remove the passenger side header. The intake manifold is pressed right up against the firewall cowl, so lifting the engine any is out. That's ALL I would need is to crack the intake manifold....