View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation
Default article from Corvette fever

Did anyone see the article in the tech section of the July issue of corvette fever.Page 38.They took a 07 zo6 and did a chassis dyno on it and it pulled 400.9 rwhp/385 rwt.Bone stock,they did what they called a stage 1 upgrade on it and got 498.1rhp/471.7rwt in the end,My surprise was on the bone stock first dyno run they only got 400.9rwhp/385rwt.A lose of 105 hp.Talk about losing some power to the rear from the flywheel.So much for 505hp.I know you lose about 15 -20 % to the rear wheels,It cost 3,995$ for stage 1.No offense to anyone with a zo6,c-5 or c-6 but for the money you bought it for I guess you could spend less money on upgrades and got more hp and tq then a stock z06.Don't get me wrong I think they are great vette's but without the option to take off the top off or put it down, I enjoy the Florida sunshine in my vette.I was just surprised by the article and lack of hp and tq.I know you z06 people hate me now, but I will still wave at you. Just trying to bring up some #.Thought it was interesting.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote