View Single Post
Unread 06-06-2006, 12:10 AM   #45
Hot Pursuit

Name :
Hot Pursuit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Rich,

It's possible but unlikely since the act itself is a misdemeanor.
It's also possible that the SAO could direct file the case based upon that evidence, but again, for now, I wouldn't hold my breath (unless it became a political hotcake).

The more likely scenario would be that the department would analyze the tape for tags, vehicle descriptions, names, whatever they could get, and use the intell to build an on scene case against the idiots. At least thats what I'd do with it.
In this area it is a bit of a political hotcake. If there were clear faces in the video and clear tags there's a good chance they would at least forward charges to the SAO (State Attorneys Office) to hash it out in court. It's very hard to video them (the racers) though because they know the general consensus is that it's not too well liked (street racing). If you tried to video them you might get into a pissin match with them and that would not be cool. Best thing is to get on the horn to the police and let them see it for themselves since it is a midemeanor, and it has to be witnessed by a LEO to make a warrantless arrest.
Hot Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote