View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2018, 06:29 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Another cold spell coming through. :(

Winter is getting pretty old by now. Supposed to get down to the upper 30s the next two nights, and then on Wednesday night they are calling for a low of 32 or 33, depending on which forecast you look at. It was this time last year that we had a REALLY cold blast come through that knocked a lot of our fruit trees' blooms and newly set fruit right in the butt. At least it doesn't appear to be getting that bad this year. At least not unless the forecast changes on a dime like it often does. Actually, I think some of the "forecasts" are made retroactively. I've seen a forecast recently that predicted an overnight low of 51. When it got down to 48 degrees, they changed it to "predict" a low of 45. Since they forecast was changed around midnight, a lot of damn good that did anyone.

Got 0.31 inches of rain yesterday, and it is VERY windy today. Seems like we had a pretty rotten January in 2018, with February looking much better, and then now March back to looking pretty variable and unpredictable. Not too much in the way of freezing overnight temps, but still changeable enough that you never know from one day to the next what to really expect. We've got quite a few citrus blooming, and the peach trees have set fruit, so I'm hoping we don't get a freeze come through and knock the hell out of them all.