View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Detroit is not going to find much in the way of sympathy here or on any of the major car sites. Thier arrogance and greed aligned with thier lack of interest or concern for the desires or interests of the consumer, has pretty much precluded that.

I'm NOT saying let them fail.

What I am saying, is let them try to suceed by doing what any other smaller (less influential) business would have to do...RE-FREAKING-ORGANIZE!!!!

Do thier bankruptcy, present a proposal for repayment to the courts, stave off thier creditors for a limited amount of time, and get a business plan that's viable and put it into practice

If not, then they fail. And those that fall with them should be pissed with THEM not the government. For once, the government is doing what it's constituents ask/demand of it

On another note, I love some of the responses

Then there was this:

Quote:
It actually goes beyond even this. There are countless more parts manufacturers not counted in this list due to private ownership that rely almost solely on the big three for contracts.
Any small business knows that placing all or the majority of your eggs in one basket is simply a piss poor business practice

If the golden goose dies, I guess they'll have to go out and kill something else to eat(find other contracts)

Although the poster did follow up with this:

Quote:
That being said, I still think we need to stand by the free market we've been pushing on the rest of the world for decades, and let them file bankruptcy. We can't desert our standards in hard times.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote