View Single Post
Unread 06-30-2018, 06:01 PM   #2272
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Looking through some threads concerning Centerforce clutches making noises.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ce-clutch.html

Quote:
Thinking that I would improve my car for HPDE's I replaced my stock clutch with a Center force clutch. My Tech said that he's used it on all his customers cars without a problem but I should know that there will be some chatter for a time period, the chatter is getting less as expected. With the Center force I'm hearing all sorts of rattling noises at idle with the clutch let out but goes away when the clutch is depressed. Also, if I don't let the clutch out and add throttle perfectly I hear a metal grinding and scraping noise as I roll forward or reverse but goes away as rpm increases. I never had this happen with my stock clutch and I've been driving manual transmissions for over 30 years and never had this happen. Has anyone had this happen
Quote:
I spoke with Centerforce and my tech, both stated that the rattling at idle and the metal on metal noise as you release the clutch and give it throttle are totally normal.
So, Centerforce says it is "normal", eh? Maybe for a Centerforce clutch it is, but not what I want to be hearing when I am driving my car.