View Single Post
Unread 07-01-2018, 12:36 PM   #2274
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Sounds like the only fix for that would be replacing the clutch. Are you going back to GM parts?
It will depend on who would be doing the work for me. Generally, if they provide the clutch, they probably would warranty their work. But if I carry it in, having bought it elsewhere, then more likely than not, they would not cover any failure associated with that clutch.

Of course, the last time I had the clutch replaced, it was at a Chevy dealership and although they insisted on using the Centerforce clutch, I was told at the beginning that they would not warranty anything because of the highly modified nature of the car. I accepted that, because I understood their position, as well as pretty much being stuck between a rock and hard place. I had limped into the service department in first gear when the clutch slave cylinder had failed on my way there. The combination of the Pfadt oversized driveshaft and Aaron Scott leaving bolts loose (and missing) on the bell housing to the block had finally reached a head, I guess.

So, as I mentioned, it all depends on the policies of whoever I can get to tackle this problem for me. And it doesn't appear that I am going to be overwhelmed with options, neither.

I probably should get the car dynoed to see exactly how much power it is putting out so I would have a better feel for what level of clutch I really need. I never noticed the Centerforce clutch slipping on me, but then again, I have NEVER dumped the clutch for a dragstrip type run, neither. So maybe it really doesn't matter that much. But generally speaking, I would rather over spec a clutch than under spec it.