View Single Post
Unread 07-10-2018, 02:41 PM   #2277
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I've been conversing with RPM Transmissions recently. I had been reading up on indexing the bellhousing to the engine block, thinking that could be part of the problem, but they indicated that it likely was not since I am using the OEM bellhousing. They then asked me what clutch I had in the car, and I told them the CenterForce Dual Friction disk, and provided a link to the YouTube video I took to display that noise I am having. The guy replied that this noise is normal for that type of clutch and not a problem.

Well, maybe not, but not something I want from MY car. Reassuring to think that something isn't subject to eventual destruction with the noise being a warning shot, but still.....

So maybe just putting in a different clutch might solve the problem. Thing is, WHICH different clutch? I guess the thing I need to do is to see which brand of clutch whatever shop works on my car likes and will stand behind. As long as they guarantee it and their work, then no problem. So in the meantime, I guess I've got to do my own research to produce a short list of possibilities that will be acceptable.

Anyway, after I recently changed the oil in the car and started it up to check for leaks, I noticed a clicking noise coming from the engine compartment. Not fast enough to be coming from the actual engine, sounding more like something on the serpentine belt or maybe something in one of the pulley grooves somewhere. So got to take a closer look at that when I feel ambitious enough. I did check the belt for cracks or frayed areas, and it looks fine from what I can see.