View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, been meaning to buy his DVDs one of these days. I've got his books and read them over a few times.

Sooner or later the stuff will sink in, but it's a lot to swallow at one meal. It's a pretty deep subject and certainly experience is what matters most. Unfortunately it seems that finding someone with a lot of experience willing to share what they know is pretty rare. So you pretty much HAVE to learn it on your own, it seems. I guess when you make your tuning livelihood based on what you know, most people will be reluctant to just give that information away. But on the other hand, I've heard my share of horror stories (and some first hand experience) of people claiming to be experts that really aren't.

At least my car is running OK now, so I can just poke around at the fine tuning aspect of this. Things like smoothing out the idle and improving throttle response. This is really the most time consuming stuff anyway in a REAL tune, so it will give me something to play with and a good excuse to just take the car out to do some data logging and then try a new tweak in the tune to see what happens.

I guess one of these days I do need to find a dyno and put my car through it's paces that way.