View Single Post
Unread 12-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #24
Hameister

Name :
Hameister has disabled reputation

I got JC2 a while back. It came packaged with the GTX 580. I tried several times, but never got more than a 1/2 hour into it. Just didn't like it.

Like you, I generally wait for a Steam sale for under $20.00. Occasionally I'll hit a holiday sale and grab a game for $7.99, that's really good. I picked up Left 4 Dead 2 that way, and a number of others.

However, when I know for sure that a game is going to be fantastic, I will buy it when it's first released. I don't mind spending the extra money, when I feel a game is really worth it. I paid full fare for BF3, Crysis2, MoH:W, COD:BO2. Only four out of many games.

Sniper:Ghost Warrior, was a game I picked up on sale super cheap. I think I paid around $9. The game was a year or so old, and got very mixed reviews. I turns out the reviewers were wrong, and most people thought it was very good. It ended up selling very well, at greatly reduced prices. Everyone I know is looking forward to the next iteration which is due to be released next month. I will also pay full price for Crysis 3, because I'm sure it will be awesome.

To answer your Xmas question, yes I did. My son pre-paid for S2:GW, which is on pre-sale at Amazon for $29.99. Nice price by today's standards.

Meanwhile, I'm biting my nails waiting for my 'vette to go into production.
Attached Images

I won't say I'm old, but I will admit to waiting 53 years for my first Corvette!
Hameister is offline   Reply With Quote