View Single Post
Unread 01-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I've read each of the post here and have to agree with most.

The traffic has dwindled a lot from previous years. Not sure why, but maybe some of you have hit the nail on the head.

The Rant Room is, like most sites (off topic, chit chat, call it what you want) the place for the political, social and non-corvette related stuff. Those places can get pretty heated pretty quickly with the topics that arise there from time to time.

I hate politics (and politicians)! They anger me. As such I tend to be too vocal at times. Yes, I've mentioned an "exit strategy" in one of my post. It's more of a tounge in cheek way of getting a point across for me.

Although I'd love to have a home on an island somewhere outside the US (Costa Rica, Honduras, Aruba etc all come to mind), I'm not ready to pack my bags and say to the good 'ole U.S. of A and my friends and family quite yet

All the sites I'm on without exception and including one I'm no longer a part of, have Off Topic or Chat areas that are much more heated than this ever has been. Some are over-moderated to a point of rediculous, just to keep it semi-family friendly, where others are let loose to run roughshod over the masses

Others have the OT sections subdivided into Politics/Relligion and other sub topics, away from the general OT.

Somehow, there needs to be a happy medium found. Unfortunately, I don't really think we've found it yet

We've also had our share of trolls, and troublemakers. Most have weeded themselves out without our assistance

I've noticed a lack of participation in the last several months as well.

We used to get together and do things. we'd meet in Bradenton/Sarasota and have lunch/dinner or do a cruise (Thor my brother-thans for the awesome tour of Bradenton a while back!).

We'd hang together at shows and events.

Hell, a bunch of us even got together for a road trip to St. Augustine and spent several days in a B & B there
Now that was a party!

These are just a few of the observations I've made over time.

I've not been as active here as I once was. I haven't been to shows or get togethers as frequently as I once did and just haven't been as "involved" as before.

Part of the reason is I no longer own a vette.

I will again though and I enjoy living vicariously through you folks

The other is time. I've been working my back end off since the wife retired (loving it though!) and just haven't had the extra time to enjoy some of the things I used to. That's coming to an abrupt freaking halt shortly!!

The other as many have said is simply $$$. Don't have the expendable income at present due to our "debt exit strategy"

Once that's done, life will be sweet!

Part of the problem as I see it, is we're all relatively "local" and as such, the bickering seems to take on more of a family fued light than a debate. It seems to be more personal when one can put a face to the name as compared to the many anonymous keyboard warriors from God knows where on other sites.

Personally, I'd like to see us go back to what made us great in the first place.

A site dedicated to FLORIDA CORVETTE OWNERS & ENTHUSIASTS!

Vette owners and enthusiasts talking about, working on and driving the car we enjoy and enjoying all that Florida has to offer

I'm with the others.

It's time for a PARTY!!!!!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote