View Single Post
Unread 08-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
"All of us" is quite an exaggeration.... Actually damn few have complied with the rule, and some have flat out said that they REFUSE to do so under any circumstances. So be it. I just had my fill of snide private messages and arguing with people who seem to feel the rule I made doesn't apply to them.

I stuck MY neck out and subjected myself to potential lawsuits by entities that would choose to try to have a less than flattering thread about them here deleted by the threat of litigation, rather than tackling the source of the information. Without having people put their name on the posts, and accepting responsibility for their own words, well, sorry, I'm just not going to take it on the chin for them. Not to mention that it's just not fair for any party on the defensive to not be able to tell who it is that is disgruntled with them. The PURPOSE of the forum was to try to resolve problems, and the best way to do that is by exposing the problems, and the creators of said problems, to the light of day. That means full accountability to all involved in such discussions.

Quite frankly, I just don't need the headaches, and that includes FIGHTING with members here over WHY I need this rule in place and WHY it applies to them.

So if the people here aren't willing to take on their share of the responsibility, then I certainly am not going to provide a platform for anonymous accusations to be made towards anyone. If there is no credibility, because off the anonymous nature of the posts, then the BOI is absolutely useless anyway, and I am not allocating space on this website for that kind of discourse.

So yeah, if it comes to a choice between ME getting screwed because someone here posts libel without taking responsibility for it, or everyone else getting "screwed" because I am not willing to take that risk and they can't play here in that manner any longer, well, guess which one I chose to take?
By "all of us" I mean those of us that post in the BOI.

I'm saying everyone I see post either positive or negative puts their name on the post. I have only seen one that didn't and if it was me I would have deleted that whole thread.

The BOI was a valuable tool and simply deleting the posts without a name would have taken care of the problem. No one wants you to get screwed, . I would just like to see you enforce the rules that you put in place without penalizing the rest of us.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote