View Single Post
Unread 12-16-2010, 05:30 AM   #6
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
...It would be easy enough to explain the use of the gun where it's not allowed if you used it properly and were not drinking at all. If you have been drinking and show/use the gun,,, look out. The laws gonna bite you pretty bad.
I'd be more concerned over the civil repurcussions.
A decent attorney can probably beat the criminal issue, or at least minimize the damage, if you're using the weapon in self defense/defense of others; however, you'll lose your permit AND give the anti-gunners more fuel for thier witch hunt fire.
The civil side is going to be very ugly!
If/when your BAC is determined, the plaintiff's counsel is going to use that, along with your violation of the statute (dont' think they can use the acutal conviction though), to eat you alive in civil court.
The $$$ damages can bankrupt you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
You can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol but not into the bar area if there is one. I would never drink while carrying. I would never walk into a bar while carrying. The minute you walk in the door of a bar you are in violation and subject to arrest....Some law enforcement agencies now have stated policies restricting thier officers from carrying off duty in similar locations.
Exactly.
You're restricted from carrying concealed in an establishment that received over a certain percentage of it's profits from the sale of alcohol, or sells alcohol as it's primary product.

85Vette is correct....alcohol and firearms = bad mix!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote