View Single Post
Unread 02-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think the REAL debate you are referring to is whether LEO's should be exempt from the law because of some sort of professional "courtesy". In other words, if a LEO is caught violating the law, should they get a pass card whereby a private citizen getting caught doing the same thing wouldn't likely get that pass?

So I think your poll is pretty misleading and deficient in details concerning what the actual issue was being addressed in that other thread.

Here is what we were REALLY discussing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
So you are stating that it is perfectly OK for LEOs to treat non-LEOs differently from LEOs in the performance of their duties? That the laws being broken by LEOs should be treated differently than the same laws being broken by regular citizens? In effect, "do as we tell you to do, not as WE can get away with."?

And you wonder why LEOs have issues with the publics perceptions of them?
YES !! Its called a "PERK" of the job!! And I have no problem of the publics perception of me when I was "On the job"

I'm not to familiar on how to work this forum, but if you or maybe Bob can post a "Poll" we'll see what most think of LEO either + or - ...

If you can please start a poll...