Thread: Am I just nuts?
View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2006, 01:40 AM   #2
Zach

Name :
Zach is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
A while back, Zach sent me a link to a guy who does vinyl lettering and I am talking with him about doing some decals for me. What I have in mind is to get some made up saying CorvetteFlorida.com with the idea of putting it at the top of my windshield. Maybe the back window as well.

So I sent this guy a photo of my Z so he can get an idea of the roof line and the dimensions needed, and I started thinking, "Are you out of your friggin' mind?" Won't that make you car look tacky as all hell? Man, I don't know. Do I REALLY want to do something like that?
Good question Rich

I normally won't put any stickers on my car, but I look at this website as my 2nd home (besides my own website of course) so I'd be happy to sport a sticker. I'm getting some made for FCC and they will be approximately 7 inches wide by 1.5 inches tall.

Windshield stickers can look good if you can get the right font and embed it nicely on there, but usually I'm not too keen on them. I usually put stickers on the rear left and right window, or on the rear window.

It's not an easy decision so you'll have to ponder it for a while... I would definitely consider business cards as a form of promotional advertising though. I got 1,000 business cards made a long time ago for my website and the results were great. I don't think anyone has registered from the window stickers I made, but it seems that the response to business cards is pretty well....especially if you include a little note such as "Nice Z06! - Zach" or something.