View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #1010
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, I'm not sure how to take this.....

Just got off the phone with Aaron and he says my car is finished. Running great, just a little stumble at low rpms in 6th gear when it is cold, which will likely work itself out over time. He is going to clean the car up and straighten out little odds and ends cosmetically before I can pick it up, but looks like by the end of the week I should be driving it back home. Apparently Jim was up there over the weekend and they worked on it all through the weekend to wrap this up.

Seriously, I don't know how to take this. I'm so used to getting bad news all of the time, that I feel like I'm waiting for that other shoe to drop. I would have thought I would feel happy, relieved, or something, but I just feel pretty much nothing, emotionally about it now.

Maybe that will change when I'm driving it home.

Of course I do expect a few gremlins to show up here and there, so hopefully Aaron won't bar the gate once the car leaves his driveway. I'm sure he's quite reasonably darn tired of seeing my car by now.

So, I guess GOOD NEWS, finally, without any strings attached.

Oh yeah, I guess there is a string attached. Wonder how big of a sock to the jaw that finally bill is going to be?