View Single Post
Unread 06-15-2020, 08:16 PM   #27
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
In the tuning for the C5 there was a table for the amount of fuel to inject for the percentage of gas pedal motion. Sort of the digital equivalent to the accelerator pump on a carburetor back in the day. The changes I did made a pretty dramatic difference in the throttle response.

From what I could see, the stock tuning makes you have to put more foot into the pedal to get that extra fuel needed for decent pedal response. I felt the same sort of thing in my 2009 C6Z, but since it was under warranty most of the time I had it, I never played around with the tuning for it. My guess is that it is the same for the C7s and probably the C8s. I'm sure it relates to the gas mileage thing, since bigger spurts of fuel for smaller gas pedal movements would have to have an impact there.

From what I understand, a pedal controller just fools the tune into thinking that you are providing more pedal motion than you actually are, to try to negate the programmed-in throttle sluggishness of the stock tune. In other words, when you depress the throttle a quarter inch, the controller sends a signal saying the throttle was depressed a half inch. That sort of thing.
Greg sure could tune a car. He did three of mine and all were perfect. I am too scared to tune this car and lose the warranty.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote