View Single Post
Unread 05-04-2020, 07:42 PM   #5
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Personally I would be reluctant to buy a C8 in the first year of this new generation. GM has a history of screwing up when they implement a new model. I would consider the first year of any new generation as being a beta test model.

As for the C7, did they ever get the automatic transmission problems straightened out?

But then again, the main reason I sold the 2009 C6Z was because of the cylinder head problems noted on the LS7 caused by machining errors on those heads made in Mexico. GM wasn't owning up to it, so basically it was a crap shoot whether or not your LS7 might drop a valve into a cylinder, ruining your day. So screw that. I traded it in on the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and moved on.

Of course, no vehicle or brand of vehicles is going to be perfect and problem free. But I just haven't had much luck with the results I have gotten from any Chevy dealership's service department. So I have been soured, to say the least.
Seems since the fluid change the A8 has been much better. I will buy a Range device that keeps it in V8 mode all the time. Says it saves wear and tear on the T/C since it won't be going into 4 and 8 banger mode a 1000 times a day.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote