Thread: Hot!!
View Single Post
Unread 09-08-2019, 07:37 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Man, talk about waving a red flag in front of Murphy's legal team!

The house air conditioning died today. Connie noticed that the thermostat was reading 82 degrees even though it was set for 80. Everything mechanically is working, but the air coming out of the AC vents is 83.5 degrees, so obviously cold air isn't being generated. Compressor housing outside looks ok, with no ice formed to clog the vents. Fan is moving, and the air handler up in the attic is seemingly working. Air temp inside the house is holding pretty steady at 82.2 degrees even though it is 100.8 degrees up in the attic. So the AC must be generating some cold air, otherwise I'm sure we would be getting much hotter air coming out of the vents.

Luckily the entire unit is still under the 10 year warranty, but I'm betting with all this heat we have been having, the AC company is going to likely be slammed with calls tomorrow morning. We are paying a maintenance contract with what they call their "Red Carpet Service" so hopefully that will mean that we have some sort of priority and someone can get out here early on Monday. If not by mid day it's going to be right toasty in here.

I did leave a message with their voice mail, but no telling how many calls might be in front of me.

At least this didn't happen Friday night as usually happens with stuff like that. Even with the warranty, they still charge by the hour ($100 per hour) for after hours emergency service.

Sure seems like one thing after another. I guess this is why people will rent instead of owning their own home. After a while just fixing things that break down gets pretty old.