View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #7
miami993c297

Name :
miami993c297 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well, I'm not sure "accuracy" is a real concern, if we are talking about something absolute. I'm looking for "relative" figures. In other words, if I make a run and the data graph shows a peak of 550 ft lbs, then I tweak something and make another run that shows 575 ft lbs as the new peak, is it TRULY showing an increase in torque? I don't need to know the figures are accurate, only that an actual RELATIVE increase in torque has resulted from the tweak.

And yes, I would think a measurement that would show the amount of time to reach a certain speed via HPTuners would be just as informative as seeing what your quarter mile times were at the track. Perhaps setting beginning and ending points for mph and determining the elapsed time between those two points would be helpful. If it takes you 4.2 seconds to go from 35 to 90 before a tweak, but only 3.5 seconds afterwards, that would be pretty reasonable evidence that your tweak had a positive change in performance.
We are on the same page.

It is exactelly where I pushed the moderators on HP Tuner Forum.

No accuracy in absolute, but that's not the matter.

No possibility to make any interpretation of the histogram, the pids related entered in the calculation beeing the wrong one.

I did as an exemple on a hot day (over 80°) an addition of two degrees of timing, acceleration time was worse but torque histo was showing an increase, because in the equation added timing is a positive value, then I would not take care of this histo at all.

Just my own experience

Christian

418Ci TEC Assembled/ ETP-FTI Prep/ FTI "Barbara Streisand" Cam 664 HP Pump Gas.
Accepting imperfection signify losing the race against yourself…
miami993c297 is offline   Reply With Quote