View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2010, 05:44 AM   #56
larrybroga
Vett'n since 1961

Name : Larry Broga
larrybroga is on a distinguished road

I think it is very hard for the citizen to fully understand what real law enforcement is. TV and the movies have depicted a very distorted view of the profession and this has led to a whole lot of "monday mornin' quarterbacks". During my 25 years, I found the job to be hours, days, sometimes weeks of pure boredom and mundane "routine" calls followed by seconds of adrenaline packed action.

There is nothing "routine" about law enforcement, whether you are an officer in NYC or New Port Richey and until one has walked in the shoes of an LEO they will never know what our brothers and sisters endure on a daily basis.

I sincerely hope that all the finger pointing stops and we rely on the "powers that be" to conduct an unbiased review of the incident and handle it properly. At that time, we need to accept their findings (unless of course any of us have "inside" information) and put it all to rest.

Right now, my heart aches too much for all those that this has intimately touched to sit here and blame anyone.

I hope nobody take this as a personal shot at them, because it wasn't meant to be. It's just that as a LEO, "your damned if you do and your damned if you don't" and that seems to be what's happening right now.

Just a few thoughts from an old cop !!!

Growing old is inevitable !
Growing up is optional !!!!

Last edited by larrybroga; 07-06-2010 at 05:56 AM.
larrybroga is offline   Reply With Quote