Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
have you looked into https://www.exedyusa.com/

i remember them having a clutch for 1000 hp
Haven't read too much about them, but what little I did find was about 50/50 for people liking them and not liking them. They seem to be targeting more of the racing crowd from what I was able to read about. The clutches tend to be grabby and not like being slipped any. Which doesn't make for a fun street drive.

I'm still considering the Monster triple disk, even though RPM Transmissions doesn't seem to like it. Reviews seem to rate it very highly. So I'm thinking, heck, pulling a transmission to get it rebuilt in 10 years may be a whole lot easier and cheaper than replacing a clutch on this car again. But as Connie brought up, am I REALLY going to put that many miles on the car to make any difference? I figure I've put less than 7,000 miles on the car since July of 2012. I think under 300 miles this past year. But will I drive it more if I don't have to worry about a strange intermittent drivetrain noise?

I've also looked briefly at some of the other manufacturers, but kind of leaning towards the front runners in the reviews I read. Mantic used to be what I would consider ad the number 1 choice a while back, but it seems there are a number of complaints from some people about them lately. Mostly about longevity, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, I still need to do as much research as I can before I'm pressed to the carpet to make a decision on one.

Oh yeah, I noticed that Monster will warranty their clutches for a year whereas McLeod only warranties theirs for 90 days. I kind of look at warranties as being the manufacturers' indication of how robust they consider their merchandise to be. A company that warrants their merchandise for a year, expects it to last at least one year. Someone who warrants it for 90 days only expects it to last for 91 days. In my opinion, anyway.