View Single Post
Unread 04-21-2019, 12:58 PM   #2305
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I'm putting out feelers right now to try to determine if anyone actually has concrete evidence of triple disk clutches causing excessive wear or outright damage to the transmission. Or any other notable problems. The more I think about how transmissions synchronizers work, the less convinced I become that some additional mass on the input shaft would be a notable problem. But I sure as heck don't want to put a clutch in there that several months down the road I will come to regret.

The power I am guessing my car is putting out is right around the borderline of the dual disk clutches either being organic or ceramic material. Organics allow better slipping, which is better for street driving, whereas ceramics (and derivatives) are better for tracking and racing. Hence the ceramics grip harder and more suddenly, and can hold more power. I guess there would be an achievable learning curve with the ceramic disks, but I am not sure my relaxed driving style would be compatible with how I would need to drive the car.

Wouldn't do me much good to have a clutch that makes me hate driving the car, now would it?