View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
MMC5

Name :
MMC5 is on a distinguished road
Default Also Posted In Corvettes Anonymous Fourm

Steak-Out ’07 ~ July 18, 2007

My wife, Betsy, and I have been organizing food / donation drives to benefit RCS Food Bank for nearly nine years. We typically do two drives per year and since July of ’06 we have been organizing them through Corvettes Anonymous.

Monetary donations Corvettes Anonymous receives throughout the year as well as profits from our retail sales are pooled and are converted to food and personal hygiene items for these two events.

The pool is made up of 100% of all donations + approximately 50% of profits from retail sales. The balance of profits is used to promote the Corvettes Anonymous concept and to purchase inventory.

We are also members of the SunCoast Corvette Association, who is very generous in its giving to various local charities and who has assisted us with a number of our previous drives.

Since 2005, Betsy and I have been fortunate to host the SCA’s July Dine-Out. In 2006 we changed the format to include SCA’s participation in a food drive. The result was exciting to say the least!

Through SCA’s contributions we were able to deliver nearly 600 pounds of food and personal hygiene items to RCS!

On July 18th Corvettes Anonymous, on behalf of SunCoast Corvette Association, will be hosting Steak-Out ’07 ~ A Funds & Food Drive to benefit RCS Food Bank

This year, we hope to “blow the doors off!” Our goal is to raise enough cash contributions and food donations to deliver over 1,000 pounds of food and personal hygiene items!

We will have two classes for judging: Mostly Stock and Modified. Participants choose which class they are in and as in the past, the Steak & Shake crew will select the winners.

We have over $50 in “cash” prizes for Best Of Show for each class.

We also have over $230 in prizes for the 50/50 drawing and as in the past, SCA is donating its share of the 50/50 drawing to The Cause.

In addition, we have of four pieces of signed and numbered, limited edition Corvette artwork, plus a C5R model and entry ticket to the 2007 UK Corvette Nationals held at Huntingdon Racecourse ~ both autographed by driver, Oliver Gavin

These items will be sold through a Silent Auction.

Finally, we have Goodie Bags for the first 50 cars who register that evening. However, participation is open to as many who want to come. If we run out of space, we’ll use the grass out front and the parking lot next door.

It may be a little far for some of you to come for a hamburger, but if you are in the neighborhood and happen to have an extra bag of beans, box of pasta, or perhaps some diapers, we would be honored if you would drop by.

You can view and download the Event Flyer with artwork and Needs List here.

To all of you who have become members of Corvettes Anonymous and who have contributed donations or made purchases over the past year, I sincerely want to thank you. I hope these efforts meet with your approval.

T M

MMC5 is offline   Reply With Quote