View Single Post
Unread 09-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #1835
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I was finally able to take the C5Z out for a little drive today to put some more break-in miles on the clutch. Last week was a wash, since Connie and I were down at the Manasota Beach Club pretending to be normal people on vacation.

Didn't stay out too long as storm clouds were all around me. Even got a few drops of rain at one point. But I've got about 200 miles on the clutch now, so hopefully I'll be able to put more miles on it over the next week or three.

I took video along the way, but I'm not sure anyone is really interested in seeing a boring drive with me just poking along at the speed limit. I tend to do these videos *just in case* something goes wrong so at least I'll have some evidence to refer to in order to try to figure out what happened. But so far in the 200 miles since Shane worked on the car, everything seems to be running just great. No strange noises or disturbing glitches at all. The car is pretty loud though, but drives like a pretty much stock car. Well, except I can tell there is a bunch of power underneath the gas pedal wanting to be unleashed. There were a couple of stretches of road I was on today that felt like they were just BEGGING me to push the car a bit. But I resisted, since I want to do this by the book to break in that clutch properly.

Actually about the only notable wrinkle I have seen at all is that when I am driving below 10 mph on my dirt road, the engine surges quite a bit. But honestly, it's no big deal. Most people NEVER drive a Corvette below 10 mph anyway......