View Single Post
Unread 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster View Post
You said 'minor law violation"- stealing a box of donuts is not the same as being given donuts.

My comments addressed the "minor law violations" in your op. To me, a minor violation is getting a free donut even though the cop should pay for it.
To me, a minor violation could be speeding, but not recklessly and hazardous to others.
Most people would consider stealing a box of donuts as being a "minor violation" compared to say, murder, armed robbery, or rape.

If someone GIVES someone a donut or a box of donuts, it is no violation of the law at all, at least that I am aware of. TAKING a donut or a box of donuts without permission, however, would still be stealing, no matter who is doing it.

Speeding is a violation of the law, and if a LEO is engaging in speeding while off duty and not in the performance of their duties and gets caught AND the officer allows him or her to walk SOLELY because of the LEO status whereby a civilian WOULD have gotten a ticket, is just wrong and an abuse, in my opinion. It is allowing LEO's to violate the law solely based on their status of being a LEO.

What is even worse, in my opinion, are those LEOs that EXPECT that sort of preferential treatment and abuse the laws by acting as if they are above the law.