View Single Post
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:56 PM   #28
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Connie is taking good care of me. Maybe TOO good, because she won't let me do anything. She's so afraid I'm going to hurt myself further that she is basically banning me from the animal buildings. I did spend a little bit of time over there today doing some light weight stuff. But if I do something stupid and get hurt, she will positively KILL me.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the hernia incision and sutures, I could probably do back flips right now. I wouldn't even know those appendix incisions are there. I know the area where the pain used to be no longer hurts, so certainly the appendix is gone, but still, it feels damned weird to not hurt at all now. Hmm, maybe the surgeon merely moved it under my belly button and forgot to bring it all the way out.....

I'll have to say that if there is any pleasant aspect of surgery, it has to be the part where you are laying on the gurney all apprehensive about the impending surgery, and the next thing you know someone is asking you how you are feeling. You say you are feeling fine and want to know when they will be starting, and the guy says they are already finished. It would be nice if all unpleasant things could be handled that way. I would sit down at my computer and the next thing I would know my tax forms are sitting in an envelope ready to be mailed........