View Single Post
Unread 05-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #17
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
I have one of these weapons, mines a different brand but nonetheless its decked out to military specs minus full auto feature.

If you cant place 30rds from one of these in the same size circle from 5 shots from a bolt action rifle then do what shooters do. Keep going to the range and practice practice practice. Just to also clarify on your first post comparing them to the 30-60 an other, these rifles also have 5rd mags for hunting purposes (I have two myself).

But as I read your post, if bad guys have them and only LEO/Military should have them to equal the playing field, what are the upstanding civilians supposed to use for their defense against bad guys? A bolt action rifle such as yours. Ill take my AR and my 2 100rd drums over a bolt action even though I also have a .308 with a 5rd capacity.

I dont see what range time has anything to do with being able to obtain a CCW. I rarely go to range now cause of $$, but I had my first rifle when I was 7, tooks a hunters safety course at 9. I understand your all about EXTREME safety, but thats like me wanting everyone over the age of 65 in Florida to have a mandatory driving, reaction time, health check before being allowed to renew their license. Im pretty sure theres more accidents from old people crashing into buildings or other people because they couldnt react or didnt know wtf they were doing in the first place compared to bad guys going to war with cops with semi-auto rifles. But thats my rant.

As per the post, I would be all over buying a couple tickets, but being out of a job for 3mths wont allow. I wouldnt mind adding another AR to my collection. hope you guys raise a lot of monies though.
"Extreme safety". Interesting comment. I didn't know you could be extreme. The 742 is not a bolt action and you're really fortunate that you don't need any time at the range. Congrats.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote