View Single Post
Unread 12-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #20
Hameister

Name :
Hameister has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
That's a NICE system! I've got the same case. But I've only got a single GTX580 Ultra in mine. I had a GTX590 for a while, but had nothing but problems with it, and eventually returned it for a refund. One thing I have learned about EVGA is that you really don't want to be the first on your block with one of their new products. So when they come out with their 700 series, I'll think about getting one of their 600 series boards.

Do you play any games on that rig?

Thanks, sure I play games. That's the primary reason I built it. As for EVGA, I'm surprised to hear you say that. I've been buying their graphics cards for many years, and never had an issue, starting with the 8800GT.

I just wait about 2 months after a new series is released to be sure there are no bugs, and then I buy. I skipped the 680 cards because this pair of 580s are still slicing through every new game I buy, with all the eye candy cranked to max., and frame rates are still around 65 to 80fps even with the latest games.

I had every intention of buying a pair of 780s when they're released, but now I'm not so sure. I'll be getting Sniper2:Ghost Warrior in January, and then Crysis3 is being released in Q1 '13 as well. Both are based on the Cryengine3. If they run fine with all the graphic variables max'd out then I'll skip the 780s, at least for a while, or perhaps even until the 880 cards are released. Of course if Crysis3 gives me any problems what-so-ever, then the 580s are getting shipped to my grandson, and I'll buy a pair of 780s.

I admit it, I am obsessed, I cannot play any game unless I'm seeing the graphics at they're best, and smooth at 60fps or higher.

I won't say I'm old, but I will admit to waiting 53 years for my first Corvette!
Hameister is offline   Reply With Quote