Thread: Tire blow out?
View Single Post
Unread 11-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I found a replacement tire at SimpleTire.com. Just got too many other expenditures now to want to spring for a complete set of new wheels and tires. So when the three original tires get kind of skimpy on the tread then I'll readdress this possibility of replacing everything, including the TPS units.

In the meantime I'll just keep my eyes open for any killer deal that might crop up on some wheels that Connie might like on her car, as I can always store them until the tires need replacing. That might be easier on the budget anyway to do it that way. I can't see a good set of wheels and tires costing me any less that $2,000 to $3,000 at a pop.

Connie really doesn't want any really expensive wheels on her car anyway, as it's pretty much a given that they won't retain their pristine appearance through the first time that tires get replaced on them anyway. I've seen some REALLY nice wheels out there in the $4,000 to $6,000 range, but I'd be having a heart attack getting the tires replaced on them by someone only making minimum wage and really not giving a crap about what happens to them.

Unfortunately changing tires on wheels isn't something that most people can do at home.