View Single Post
Unread 06-15-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :
Flash man is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Frankie will be out sporting his new paint job soon, if I dont kill him first. lol. He is a stubborn lil bugger. Ok. I worked all day Fri, Sat and Sunday on this car. Since I started this job, I had to redo the front & rear bumpers, Targa top three times, two headlight covers, bottoms of both doors and now the hood. You name it, I got it. Solvent pop, fish eyes minimum. But no runs. I get a break there. Oh and let me tell you, if you have urethane bumpers removed from the car and the paint store tells you that you dont need flex agent in the clear, tell them they are full of sh.. I reprimed the hood. So now its blocking and getting it straight again. Fun, fun fun! I am trying to get a show quality paint job without a professional paint booth and its a bitch. Alot of wet sanding and it will come out nice. I have sacrificed many hours on this car with minimum help (around 300 or more so far).

I will not sell this car, its going to the grave with me. Oh, we got to go to dinner tonight with my Red 87 vette. I am so happy that my 87 needs no paint work. Its beautiful, all original (not butchered). Frankie was an unloved abused corvette from the previous owners. Shame on them. But I am recreating this monster vette. So I guess that makes me DR FRANKENSTEIN. lol. The next time I post, Frankie will be all finished, Chrome wheels, new interior, weatherstrip, stereo etc. Its going to be bad a.. Here are some pics from the weekend.

Joe - Flash man
Attached Images

Flash man is offline   Reply With Quote