View Single Post
Unread 01-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybroga View Post
Although I no longer race (into classic cars now), I did race from '61-'74. I started out with a '62 Vette I bought new in '61 and raced a couple of times before the snow began to blow (lived in Mass then) and then during the '62 season we held the NHRA D/SP national et record. After the '63s came out with their independent rear axles and better traction, we couldn't compete, so I switched to fuel dragsters and ran in Top Fuel and Pro-Comp until '74. In '69-'70 I drove the "King Cuda" funny car in PDRA events and then in '74 I drove a Pro Stock Gapp & Roush Pinto in NHRA events. As far as I know, I am still the only driver to compete and qualify at a national event in all three pro categories, although NHRA still won't recognize any PDRA events. The PDRA was an organization started by Don Garlits and few other pro drivers in opposition to NHRA.

I still go to some local drags and to the Gators each year. Where and when do you race? Maybe I could take a day trip and meet up with you.
Great job Larry. I started in 1961 at US131. In 1970 & 1971 I ran a J Stock Mustang all over the midwest and in '71 I had the J Stock national record. I quit and started again with some success in 2005.

I'm bracket racing at Bradenton, Orlando and West Palm Beach. Give me a shout if you're going to be around. You're not to old to do it again.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote